Organic Coffee Health Benefits -
Some of the health risks associated with drinking large amounts of coffee can be attributed to the chemical and pesticide residues as opposed to the coffee beans or the brew itself. Organic coffee reduces these risks because of the lack or reduction in synthetic additives used in organic coffee plantations. Shade grown coffee ensures the preservation of nutrients that naturally occur, by reducing sun exposure that bleaches important compounds in the top soil. The following are the main organic coffee benefits:
High in antioxidants, vitamins and mineral content.
Free of pesticides and chemical fertilizers, which means no residues, and reduced risk of chemical ingestion. Natural energy booster – organically grown coffee contains caffeine in its purest form. Higher levels of antioxidants as opposed to conventionally grown coffee, translates into better defense against a wide range of diseases, that antioxidants guard against.
Tags: coffee benefits
, natural energy booster
Coffee is a very prized commodity in the market. This is a very famous drink anywhere in the world. Because of its popularity and also the frequency of it being consumed, there has been a lot of study conducted to find out whether this is beneficial or not to the body. The subject of coffee health benefits and risks has been greatly discussed worldwide. Here are some of the things many found out during their research.
Coffee indeed has a lot of benefits. It reduces the development of certain diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and gout. However, risks are also involved with regards to coffee consumption. Here are some examples.
1. Consumption of coffee could lead to ulcers and gastritis. Experts advise that those already afflicted with these types of ailments stop or reduce the amount of coffee they consume to a minimum.
2. Coffee jitters are something most people associate with drinking coffee. This is what one acquires when they have too much of their share of coffee. It can also cause unexplained anxiety and irritability. It could also be the cause of not being able to sleep at night or insomnia.
3. Coffee has been found out to stain the teeth. If you don’t want your pearly whites to be damaged, stay away from too much coffee.
4. The bad cholesterol in the body tends to rise when drinking coffee. This would mean that cholesterol levels are being increased by caffeine. This study was done in 2007 by Baylor College of Medicine.
5. Many believe that drinking coffee could be a factor for high blood pressure. However, most studies to support or erase this belief have found no solid evidence to link blood pressure to coffee consumption. It may just simply be a myth.
6. A Danish study done in 2003 has linked heavy consumption of coffee during pregnancy to an increase risk of stillbirths. They found out that if a pregnant woman drinks 7 cups of coffee per day, they are 220% more at risk of having stillbirths. No follow-up study has been conducted because of ethical issues coming from the threat of exposing mothers to increased coffee consumptions and resulting to dead babies.
Tags: baylor college of medicine
, pregnant woman drinks